As I was skiing late this afternoon, descending the downhill from behind the Dartmouth day care center down to the Girl Brook trail, a Barred Owl flew right over my head, very low.  It's amazing how silent their flight is even when one is VERY close!

David Webb
Hanover

From: cynthia crawford <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: Thursday, February 26, 2015 5:07 PM
To: uvb <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: [UVB] Barred Owl visitor

Had some great views today of a Barred owl that my daughter spotted. It is still here, waiting on a branch close to the ground up i the woods where a red squirrel disappeared in a hole. We saw it make several (unsuccessful) attempts to catch red squirrels.

Photos here:

http://galleries.creaturekinships.com/?p=989

Cynthia Crawford