This winter there has been a previously reported female Goshawk hanging in my area of Etna, this is the 4th time in my yard.

Just now she came in low across an open field ~100 yds . Happen to be looking out the window...... on a seasonally sized hen turkey... Turkey saw it at the last minute, dodged it and took flight, Gos in chase on it's tail heading low right for my kitchen windows.

I'm thinking this is not going to be pretty..... and I'm gonna be eating turkey breast in a cold kitchen with a frozen Gos into the freezer. Last second they flash up and onto the roof, have a standoff and the turkey flies off.... Gos gives up??? What??? Turkey was up roof of the Gos and I can only guess it looked pretty darn big, wings out and all puffed up, heck it is pretty darn big. Gos perched for a minute and split into the swamp..... Great action for us hawk folks... Oh my!

Dave Merker
Etna, New Hampshire
Cape May Raptor Banding Project Inc.
www.capemayraptors.org