Thank you for your reply, and indeed this the case.

I am trying to resurrect a solution that worked, albeit not optimally, several years ago. ( The Windows movies were not as appealing as the mac’s)

I made use of the function moviemac/moviewin. There are or were slight differences in the file locations syntax for the Mac and Windows operations, so I had to test for this before using this function.

The moviemac still works great, but I can’t seem to get moviewin to work anymore. :-(

I have a calculation field using the following calculation with a container result.

Case ( Get ( SystemPlatform )   < 0 ;
“ moviewin:/driveletter:/ <>directoryName/fileName"  ;
“ moviemac:/volumeName/ <>directoryName/fileName”  )
See Creating File Paths http://www.filemaker.com/help/11/fmp/html/create_db.8.32.html <http://www.filemaker.com/help/11/fmp/html/create_db.8.32.html>

I’m using mp4s. The windows machine, (my mac using bootcamp), can play the files, and has Quicktime installed.

The greater than 2 results, IOS and Webbrowser,  are not important at this time. So it tests for Windows (negative) and defaults to Mac (1), otherwise.

I’ve try every syntax combination I can think of, but on windows it claims it can’t find the file. Using a Mac works fine.

Al Jeffrey