Today while I was on Pattrell Road in Norwich Vermont around 3:30 pm, a
single Barred Owl, which I think was a male due too its small looking size,
flew and landed on a small tree just 12 to 15 feet away from our car! It
was still completely light outside, and the owl was still very active and
hunting. It would sometimes almost hover in the air for a few seconds
before diving into the snow. Unfortunately, for the time I watched it, it
never came back with any prey. It was very fun to watch, and it was the
first time I have seen one hunt in the middle of the day.  Unfortunately,
for the time I watched it, it never came back with any prey.