If any part of your key value can’t be stored, then the whole key can’t be stored (or indexed).

You’re going to have to do the calc and store the result, which will then index and link just fine.

Geoff

From: FileMaker Pro Discussions [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Richard S. Russell
Sent: Monday, December 01, 2014 4:29 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Creating a Relationship Using a Global Field

So here in Table A I have a numeric field, Abc, and a global field, Ghi.

Over there in Table X I’ve got a numeric field, Xyz, an indexed decimal number.

What I’m trying to do is have a calculated field in Table A, Pqr = Abc + Ghi / 1000, link to Xyz. Obviously, Pqr can’t be stored, because it relies on a global field for part of its value. Not being stored means it can’t be indexed. Nonetheless, Xyz is indexed, and I thot that was all it took to establish a valid relationship.

It doesn’t seem to be working, tho. Am I missing something, or is this just not gonna work?