From your UVCB Board:

UPCOMING CONCERTS AND EVENTS

Get your calendar and mark these dates in pen!  1) Saturday, December 6th, 2:15-3:00 pm Christmas tunes at the Lebanon Opera House (LOH); 2) Saturday, December 13th, 6:00pm UVCB’s Annual Family Holiday Potluck & Yankee Swap. St. Paul’s Church in White River Junction; 3) Friday, January 30th, 7:00pm Dress Rehearsal, LOH; Saturday, January 31st, 7:30pm Winter Concert “Frozen Fantasy”; Wednesday, March 11th, 7:30pm “Farmer’s Night” Concert “Under the Dome” of the Statehouse in Montpelier, VT.

COMMUNICATION

Since you will be getting practice prompts from Becky on a regular basis, we would like to avoid sending you extra emails and just piggy-back onto hers.  Therefore, PLEASE be sure to open and read her emails even if you hadn’t planned on practicing that day…there may be news for you included.

We would like to make the minutes of our Board meetings available to you.  We can post minutes up on the white board for you to read before or after rehearsals.  The minutes of the General Membership meeting of October 20th are available.  If you would like me to email you a copy, please email me a request. Also, Board meetings are open to any band member who wishes to attend.  We will announce at rehearsals the dates/times of upcoming Board meetings

OPPORTUNITIES

We all know how much time and dedication Carole Blake devoted to the band, but since she is not able to continue at that level, we are calling upon you all to pitch in.  We would like to form a few small committees that could move us ahead on a more vigorous path. Three committees to start will be: 1.) Public Relations Committee – get the word out about our concerts etc. via newspapers, list servs, contacting schools, retired living communities, associations and the like, plus ideas for recruiting new band members. 2.) A Travel Committee – investigate opportunities for band performances outside our geographic area, assess interest, project costs; 3.) Fundraising Committee – brainstorm ideas for increasing band revenues to offset higher costs and allow for opportunities for travel; evaluate implementation.  Jenny, for example, suggested a silent auction at one of our LOH concerts.

Joan Williamson, President, [log in to unmask]