Dear Colleagues:

OSP has created a new web page to provide agency updates, policy changes, and reference links to the government's new uniform guidance.

The Uniform Guidance is due to be implemented starting December of 2014.  Federal agencies are working furiously to revise policy statements which will drive Dartmouth's implementation.

The document represents changes to the regulations that govern allowable costs, audits, post-award administration procurement and many other areas.   Many of the changes are subtle and provide for additional flexibility within the standards of allocability.   Some areas of the guidance may necessitate changes in how we propose budgets for certain costs and our procurement processes.

The Uniform Guidance (aka Omni-circular or UG) was developed after a public comment period and combines eight circulars that governed various activities and entities into one combined, uniform circular.  As stated in the document the goal is  "To deliver on the promise of a 21st-Century government that is more efficient, effective and transparent, the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) is streamlining the Federal government’s guidance on Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal awards."

This final guidance supersedes and streamlines requirements from OMB Circulars A–21, A–87, A–110, and A–122 (which have been placed in OMB guidances); Circulars A–89, A–102, andA–133; and the guidance in Circular A–50 on Single Audit Act follow-up. Future reform efforts may eventually seek to incorporate the Cost Principles for Hospitals in Department of Health and Human Services regulations.

As federal agencies implement revised policies to implement the guidance and Dartmouth revises policies, we will periodically update the site and this list.

Thank you.

http://www.dartmouth.edu/~osp/uniformguidance.html#b-anchor

Uniform Guidance
News on the Uniform Guidance

Jill Mortali
Director, Office of Sponsored Projects
Dartmouth College
11 Rope Ferry Road
Hanover NH 0375
603-646-0678

To unsubscribe from the ROUNDTABLE list, click the following link:
https://listserv.dartmouth.edu/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=ROUNDTABLE