Who could have imagined that today would be an even better day than the tremendous spring work day? Many thanks to the bikers and runners and general community members who showed up today to help with trail maintenance and bridge building.

First a big thank you to Brian Riordan, UVMBA president for supplying us with loads of local rough cut lumber for bridge building courtesy of the UVMBA. Your membership dollars get you excellent bridge work and the dollars are spent locally (kudos to Wright's Lumber yard in WRJ VT).

I've got to run through the names I can remember as every one had a significant role in today's work. Jesse Frank and his lovely wife for their rock work skills, Lois, Ben, Mike, Sean, Jeremy, and one other very helpful lady (apologies for not remembering your name) who helped with a trail redo near the Burnt mountain cutoff. Jerry Halstead as usual doing lots of everything, being available to the group users and generally knowing lots about how to do stuff on the trails and invaluable computer app stuff for UVMBA. AJ for being the brute strength do everything guy - lots less would be done without you there. Joe Sullivan for the marathons back and for the to the parking lot and constantly positive attitude. Hal for making it out with his son to help with the excellent rock transitions to the new bridge. Michael the downhill biker dude for doing whatever was asked and carrying the 6x6 footers - I've got to see you make that jump. Gretchen and her husband did some superb rock mining and work, finding huge plates that are now the foundation for the trails. Michael, the runner (I think) who found more usable rocks in this area than I ever imagined possible - and was there from the very start to the very end. Austin, nice choice on the new lines at the base of Burnt. Andy and Jay who took the leaf blowers to the entire network. Brad Hibner for the excellent decision making, digging and general great attitude - his map is incredible too. I know I left a few folks out but that is the best my memory can do.

Thanks everyone for your tireless efforts today. Runners, bikers and community members all working towards the common goal of trails for everyone to use. I am impressed and humbled by your presence and efforts. You are the reason these trails are among the best New England has to offer. For those of you who couldn't make it, stay tuned in the spring and we'll do this again. You won't believe the fun we're having out there. Another great day in the Upper Valley. I'd love to post some photos but I think that they are all on Jerry's phone. Thank you again. Looking forward to riding this fall and maybe doing this all over again in the springtime. Until then enjoy the work of your UVMBA team of Upper Valley community members....

Brendan