On Sep 19, 2014, at 11:10 AM, Peter Buchanan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

How do I highlight the portal record that is the currently active (parent) record – as soon as I leave the portal, the highlighting set via portal row / active row state falls away, as focus is now on the current record, not the portal.

There are several ways, the easiest (IMHO) being conditional formatting. Set the color or boldness to change when the ID of the portal record matches the ID of the selected record.

j.

--
Jonathan Fletcher
FileMaker Certified Developer (9-13)

Fletcher Data Consulting
http://www.fletcherdata.com
502-509-7137

Kentuckiana's FileMaker Developers Group
Next meeting: Tuesday, September 23rd, noon to 3:30
http://www.kyfmp.com