On 2014 Sep 19, at 10:10, Peter Buchanan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi

I have a client invoice layout, with the usual fields for an invoice.

On the same layout, I have a portal listing all the other invoices for this (via client_id) client. I can click on a portal row to make that record the active record.

How do I highlight the portal record that is the currently active (parent) record – as soon as I leave the portal, the highlighting set via portal row / active row state falls away, as focus is now on the current record, not the portal.

(FM13, windows)

Any ideas?

Regards
Peter

I’d set up a global field, which I’ll call “Home Record”. You’ve undoubtedly got a script that gets activated when you click on the desired portal row, right? As the top step in that script, use “Set Field” to capture the primary key of the invoice record you’re currently on in “Home Record”. Then use conditional formatting on one or more fields in that portal to say “If ( Home Record = primary key in this related record )”, then background color = your choice.

Bear in mind that the background color will remain associated with that particular home record in that particular portal indefinitely unless you set up some other procedure to change or clear it.