From: Publicity Coordinators <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Want to know why you should come to IALLT's 2014 SLM?
Date: June 16, 2014 9:51:55 AM CDT
To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum <[log in to unmask]>

>>What is the SLM? What takes place at the SLM? Who is it for? Where does it take place? How long is it? Why should I attend it? Where can I find information on it?<<

Who should attend? – IALLT board and council members and regional group leaders; all IALLT members are welcome.

When is it?  - August 7-9, 2014

Where?  - Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts (site of FLEAT in 2015!)

Why? - To guide IALLT to serve your needs, and the needs of the people YOU serve better.  We need your voice. It is also a great opportunity to network with colleagues and even informally share ideas and solutions!

Where can I register and find out more: To register and for more details, visit:  http://www.iallt.org/slm2014

Traditionally the Summer Leadership Meeting (SLM) takes place every two years in the year preceding the IALLT conference. At the SLM IALLT’s board and council members meet with representatives from the institution hosting the next IALLT conference and review conference planning. Also at the SLM IALLT’s board and council members and regional group leaders will gather to review the progress of IALLT and make decisions on how to move the organization forward. The presentation and planning sessions on Friday and Saturday are open to all interested IALLT members.

The tentative agenda for the 2014 SLM at Harvard University is as follows:

Friday

·      a.m. – conference hosts present their conference preparation plans to the IALLT board, council members and general members in attendance; site visits are made to the locations where conference sessions and other activities are to be held.

·      p.m. – conference hosts allow IALLT board, council members and general members in attendance to preview excursions and other entertainment activities that are being planned for the conference participants.

Saturday

·      a.m. & p.m. – IALLT board and council meeting (general members invited)

o   There will be special interest and focus groups such as groups on IALLT’s language center assessment initiative, IALLT’s journal and publications, regional groups, survey and so on.

o   At the end of the special interest and group session the whole group will reconvene and establish action items and priorities.

For more information please go to: http://www.iallt.org/slm2014