Dear Nisus friends:

I am working on converting a bunch of material from NW 6.5 under OS 9 to NWP 2.0.7 under OS 10.9.3.  Most of the files are in Persian, and those files I seem to have under control.  The problem at the moment are the indices.  My indices (and there are several) use Persian words/phrases, and then often follow those with a definition in English in square brackets, and then typically on a new line, a roman numeral/latin numeral sequence that decribes the treatise and folio in the manuscript on which the term appears, so VIII/78b.  When there is more than one appearance, the treatise/folio references are separated by commas (subsequent folios in one treatise) or semicolons (separate treatises).

The problem is that all the tons and tons of work searching for the terms is now garbled.  The Persian terms are fine, and the English translations are at least recognizable.  But the actual information about where to find them have the numbers backwards (so instead of 246b, for instance, it's 642b), and the treatise numbers (the roman numerals) are completely detached from their folios.

What can I do to fix these, short of re-typing all the information again?  I have more than 100 pages of these indices, and ideally would like to be able to use them right now while I'm doing work on the Persian texts.

I can send you a screen shot if it would help to see the problem.  I assume the server won't send along an attachment.

Thanks!

Vika

Vika Gardner, PhD
Visiting Assistant Professor, Mount Holyoke College
South Hadley, MA