This is the first email we received.  Carole sent it on to Teresa, who then sent it to me.  More emails to follow!

From: "Kevin Divine" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: May 1, 2014 4:09:15 PM EDT
To: "'Carole Blake'" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Flying Tigers - Band Opportunity

Dear Music Director

We have a spectacular performance opportunity for you to consider.  Please take a minute to read below:

Before the beginning of World War II for the United States, the 1st American Volunteer Group (AVG) of the US Air Force, nicknamed the Flying Tigers, were given the mission of defending China against Japanese forces. The Tigers' shark-faced fighters were and remain among the most recognizable of any individual combat aircraft of World War II, and they demonstrated innovative tactical victories when the news in the U.S. was filled with little more than stories of defeat at the hands of the Japanese forces.

2015 is the 70 year anniversary of the end of World War 2 and of this great effort to thwart the Japanese invasion of China. The Flying Tigers are hero’s to all of China and revered as great men and warriors.

On March 28th, 2015 in the City of Guilin, China, there will be a special celebration and ceremony commemorating the valiant efforts and lives lost in this unique historical WWII event. The remaining living members of the Flying Tigers will be honored with the opening of a new museum dedicated to their efforts and presented with a special recognition award by the Chinese government in this nationally televised event in China and internationally televised event to the US and many other parts of the world. ABC, NBC, and CBS as well as a throng of cable networks will be there to cover this ceremony. There is no guarentee but it is very likely that your group will be seen on National Televison in the US and in other countries. We’ve been asked by the Flying Tigers and the Chinese organizers of this event to find a Community Band who would accept an invitation to join with the Flying Tigers in Guilin to perform for this great event as well as tour and perform in other great cities in China including Beijing, Shanghai, and Xi’an. Dates are March 23- 31, 2015

The cost of this opportunity depending on a 9 day itinerary will be approximately $3200 - $3500 per person including Air from San Francisco, 5 Star Hotels - double rooms, all meals, all ground transportation, instrument transport,  all activities, and all taxes. Additional details will be available upon your expressed interest in exploring this further.

If this might be a possibility for you please respond to this email and simply say “I’m Interested”. I will follow up with you within a day or so to further explain what is included and speak to you about this great opportunity.  The organizers have asked us to find a band that consists of at least 40 musicians. There will be no additional promotion of this opportunity by us or anybody else. Other cities you will visit may include Beijing, Shanghai, and Xi'an, with sightseeing and performances in each city as time permits.

This is a once in a lifetime experience and we would love to partner with you to make it happen for your musicians and community. Please let me know right away if this might be a possibility.

Kind Regards,

Kevin Divine
Managing Director
TQI Performance