First, an apology for wasting your time.

The reason it was skipping 183 was that I was running the script a second time without clearing the field properly. The real reason why it was not working is that I asked the script to find 13 records when only 12 matched the criteria demanded. Stupid of me.

Thanks for your help.
Charlie