Thanks Bob. I posted on the forum. I bought Mellel when it first came out and used for a long time, years, until NWP caught up and the Mellel developers changed directions and made Mellel unfriendly to on-the-fly formatting and articulated why they refused to develop non-continguous selection ("if you do things the right way we cannot imagine why or when you would ever need it"). Practically speaking, my document is about 450pp with multiple fonts, footnotes, formatting, charts, light graphics -- and Mellel does not import or export well at all. I recall well NW used to have search commands there were language-specific. Is that gone? Is see now only AnyHebrew and InHebrew.

Simeon Chavel
Assistant Professor of Hebrew Bible
The University of Chicago Divinity School