Walking along Tucker Hill Rd. in Norwich this morning I found a nice collection of winter birds, I was wishing the Christmas Bird Count was today!

A Belted Kingfisher was repeatedly calling from a small brook near a beaver pond where this species has been during summer months, but this was my first winter record in the area.

Other noteworthy birds from Tucker Hill included a Carolina Wren, two Brown Creepers, a flyover Purple Finch, a Golden-crowned Kinglet, and a Ruffed Grouse.

Spencer Hardy
Norwich, VT

Jeremy's, Windsor, US-VT
Dec 29, 2013 8:30 AM - 8:45 AM
Protocol: Traveling
0.1 mile(s)
13 species

Belted Kingfisher  1     Calling from small stream across Beaver Meadow Rd.
Downy Woodpecker  2
Pileated Woodpecker  1
Blue Jay  3
American Crow  3