Hi folks,
Ian Worley wrote a nice article for Vermont eBird on tips for counting
birds in those really huge flocks. Check it out at
http://ebird.org/content/vt/news/tips-for-counting-big-flocks/. I know I
sometimes struggle to get a reasonably count for my eBird checklist and
this article is full of really good ideas and a few links to others. Thanks
to Ron Payne for the neat photo and editorial suggestions on this. These
two eBirders do a super job with reporting counts as accurately as they can
in eBird and we thank them for sharing some tips with us.

Use some of these tips and get out and give an estimate of those giant
flocks! Surely there is a crow roost or a big flock of waterfowl just
waiting to be documented near you.

Good birding,
Kent
____________________________