Happy Halloween!

We have three DCAL workshops left in the term…I hope you can join us!  Lunch will be provided at these events, please register to make sure that you have a seat at the table.

Teaching before Tenure on Tuesday November 5th from 12-1:30pm
It is clear that we put time and energy into developing our research in preparation for tenure review, but we also spend a lot of our time designing and teaching courses. Does teaching time compete with research time? Join us for a discussion with three recently tenured colleagues, Sienna Craig (Anthropology), Sergi Elizalde (Math) and Jonathon Smolin (Asian and  Middle Eastern Languages and Literature). Though this discussion is aimed at pre-tenure faculty, all are welcome.
To register for this session, please visit: http://libcal.dartmouth.edu/event.php?id=434997

Multi-Tasking and Technology on Wednesday November 6th from 12:30 to 2pm
Contemporary information technologies have transformed the way people work, allowing them to collaborate over vast distances and to work at all hours of the day and night. According to David Levy, Professor at the Information School of the University of Washington, there is increasing evidence that the stress of working in these accelerated, information-saturated ways is taking a toll on students and workers, contributing to physical and psychological ailments as well as to a loss in attentiveness and time to think.  Co-sponsored by DCAL and The Tucker Foundation
To register for this session, please visit: http://libcal.dartmouth.edu/event.php?id=435000

Teaching Science Seminar on Thursday November 14th from 12-1:30pm
Formalizing Graduate Teaching Assistant TrainingGraduate teaching assistants are a great asset to many Dartmouth undergraduate classes. Currently each department is responsible for their own TA training and DCAL offers some optional interdisciplinary workshops on TA challenges. Please join us for a conversation about how the Office of Graduate Studies, in collaboration with DCAL, can offer a consistent program in TA training for all graduate students who teach undergraduates at Dartmouth.
To register for this session, please visit: http://libcal.dartmouth.edu/event.php?id=435002

Enjoy your day!
Elaine

Elaine Livingston
Dartmouth Center for the Advancement of Learning (DCAL)
102 Baker-Berry Library
Hanover, NH  03755
p. 603-646-2655    f. 603-646-6906
e. [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
w. www.dartmouth.edu/~dcal<http://www.dartmouth.edu/~dcal>