Hey everyone,

This morning, after seeing that the sky was partially clear, I headed over to the Coop fields to see what migrants I could find. I didn't come across as many birds as Chris had a few days ago, but I still came across some decent birds. Highlights included spectacular looks at a Philadelphia Vireo, at least 4 Wilson's Warblers (three of which were associating with the yellowthroats), a Black-throated Green Warbler, and a couple Scarlet Tanagers.

In addition, on the way back to campus, while crossing Ledyard Bridge I saw what I believe was a Common Loon swimming in the river.
Below is my list from the fields.

Cheers,
Kyle Kittelberger
Dartmouth

Coop Fields, Windsor, US-VT
Sep 22, 2013 10:35 AM - 11:50 AM
Protocol: Traveling
1.0 mile(s)
19 species

Turkey Vulture  1
Philadelphia Vireo  1    spectacular looks
Blue Jay  5
American Crow  8
Common Raven  1
Black-capped Chickadee  8
House Wren  1
Gray Catbird  1
European Starling  14
Cedar Waxwing  3
Common Yellowthroat  6
Pine Warbler  2
Yellow-rumped Warbler  1
Black-throated Green Warbler  1
Wilson's Warbler  4    2 adult males, 1 first year male, and 1 female
Song Sparrow  10
Scarlet Tanager  2
Northern Cardinal  1
American Goldfinch  6