OSP News

Using ASSIST to Prepare and Submit Multi-Project Applications to NIH: Webinar - August 13, 2013

  *   NIH has announced an adjusted transition schedule to the electronic submission of multi-project applications. Please view the updated timeline and NIH Guide Notice<http://grants.nih.gov/grants/webinar_docs/webinar_20130813.htm> for details, and visit the Applying Electronically web site to learn more about electronic submission.
  *   Please join OSP at 11 Rope Ferry Road to watch an important webinar on how to submit multi-project applications to NIH. The webinar will be broadcast by NIH  Tuesday, August 13, 2013 (live broadcast) Time: 2:30-4:00 pm EST.   For additional details, please review the NIH link at http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/not-od-13-095.html.

New NIH Forms

  *   As previously announced,  NIH is transitioning to updated electronic application forms packages. The new packages will be identified with a Competition ID of FORMS-C and will include the form changes documented at: http://grants.nih.gov/grants/ElectronicReceipt/files/FORMS-C_Changes.pdf.

PRIOR TO SEPTEMBER 25th:

  *   NIH has extended parent announcements using FORMS-B for the RO1, R03 and R21 (R01: PA-11-260, R21:  PA-11-261, R03:  PA-11-262) until September 8th.   This will allow submission via RAPPORT for applications being submitted either off-cycle under continuous review for study section members or for the AIDS deadline.
  *   Huron Click has provided updates so that we can process FORMS-C applications system to system via RAPPORT.  We are currently reviewing these updates, and we will test changes thoroughly before rolling out to end users.  We will keep you updated on the FORMS-C implementation (patching) process and communicate well in advance of the required cutover to the new forms.
  *   Please do not start applications for deadlines after September 25th in RAPPORT until we notify you of availability of FORMS-C
  *   Please check funding announcements for required forms and contact your Grants Officer or OSP Rapport with questions.

ON OR AFTER SEPTEMBER 25TH

  *   For due dates on or after September 25, 2013, all applicants will be required to use FORMS-C packages, with the exceptions noted on the NIH website at http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-OD-13-074.html.

  *   FORMS-C will be available in RAPPORT for electronic submission several weeks prior to the cutover.  We will keep you posted.
  *   NIH has issued new funding announcements for FORMS-C (e.g. R01:  PA-13-302, R21:  PA-13-303, R03:  PA-13-304 among other PAs to be issued)

Always double check for the correct and updated PA, RFA or PAR to assure correct guidelines, forms and deadlines.

Questions About RAPPORT?
If you are starting a new proposal in RAPPORT, please feel free to contact your OSP grants officer for advice.   If you would like a refresher or training on a specific topic, we are happy to help.     If you are having a technical issue, please email  [log in to unmask]<[log in to unmask]>.