Hello Simi,

I am glad that you figured out the part about grouping, which is of course what you need to do. However selecting only  a few "local" graphic bits in a large document with graphics on many pages is definitely clumsy in NWP right now.

About anchoring. Note that the graphic bits have "anchors". You should be able to make them visible (using Preferences) if they are not.

"Position on page" is generally the most stable, but if you are editing the text above the paragraph with the graphic the graphic will just stay in its position while the paragraph slides down.

"Moves with paragraph" is the correct choice. Just make sure that (a) all the bits are grouped together and (b) that the anchoring paragraph is the same as the paragraph you want the graphic to stay with. This should work, but depending on the case it might be a bit flaky near page breaks. I think it generally works, but it is a bit more delicate than I would like.

Hope this helps
Philip

On Jul 26, 2013, at 23:44 , Simeon Chavel <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> Follow up: By selecting all graphic elements then deselecting one by one, I was able to "grab" the wayward ones and move them into place. I finally found the "group all" function (graphics palette: shapes: tools: button 4). But which command guarantees the group moves together with the text? "Moves with paragraph" created the problem but sounds right. "Position on of Page of Paragraph"?
>
> TIA.
> Simi
> Simeon Chavel
> Assistant Professor of Hebrew Bible
> The University of Chicago Divinity School
> http://divinity.uchicago.edu/faculty/chavel.shtml

Philip Spaelti
Kobe Shoin Women's University, Graduate school