On 2013 Jun 14, at 7:14, Dan Kelly <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Why did FileMaker get rid of the engraving and embossed fields? They must
> have thought nobody uses them, but for us that do, and don't like the weak
> themes they have, we have to deal with it

You can't create NEW layout objects that have engraving and embossing, but you can copy, paste, and edit old ones, and they still look exactly the way you want them to, so there's a workaround, which I make constant use of.

I too am puzzled by this move and can only figure that it was so far down the "to do" list when they were rewriting Version 12 from the bottom up that they didn't get it done by the projected release date. I hope they bring it back for 13.

My own lament — which leaves me shrieking and tearing my hair out on a daily basis — is the unwanted resizing and repositioning of inherited layout objects when you do something irrelevant and innocuous, like changing the font color. I can't begin to count the endless hours I've wasted resizing and repositioning objects that had already been exactly the size, shape, and location I wanted for up to 20 years, until FMP 12 came along to "help" me fix them.