Sent from my iPad

On Jun 16, 2013, at 7:28 AM, Þorvarður Davíðsson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hello,

Does anyone have and (regularly) use an iPad here?

If yes, what do you use it for? Is there anything you can do with it (except taking pictures) that you can NOT do with a small MacBook Pro 11'' or MacBook Pro 13''?

I use my iPad much more than my Macbook. I don't even take my Macbook on trips. The last three years I've presented (using Keynote) at conferences with my Macbook and the adapter for connecting to the projector.

To make things easier, I have an Apple Bluetooth keyboard in a case called Origami and so writing course syllabi, exams, reports, etc. is quite easy with the Apple iWork suite. There are other apps that mimic MS Office.

iPads, unlike laptops, don't have to be taken out when going through airport security.

At the moment, iWork for iPad lacks some features of iWork for the Mac, but using iCloud, I can access files from either the iPad or my Macbook.

Would it be very difficult to write long academic papers and dissertations with an iPad?

Apple is promising a major upgrade this Fall for both iWork for Mac and iWork for the iPad (iPhone).

The iPad is much more than a consumption device.

And, yes, I would love to see NWP developed for the iPad.

Gary