Imagine my surprise when, returning from shutting off the irrigation pump after yet another frosty night of protecting strawberry blossoms, there sitting next to an equally proud songs sparrow was a bobolink happily singing.  Not bad for a dirt farmer who supports at least 3 families of Killdeers on our open vegetable laden fields.  Perhaps the 4 acres of green "pasture" will support more than just Savannah Sparrows.  Meanwhile the 8 Killdeer eggs from the melon and lettuce rows remain un disturbed.  Come by and visit us at Crossroad Farm in Post Mills.

Tim

PS. The other night I had to kick 4 hummers out of one greenhouse.