Hey everyone,

Friday evening I birded the area around Mink Brook Preserve, and man did I have a fantastic evening. Before I even entered the preserve I had 8 warbler species from the road- a nice mixed flock, and I know I missed some birds. It was here that I saw what I thought was a male Cerulean Warbler- I had a warbler that appeared blue above with white wingbar(s) flyby me. I tried to refind it, but to no avail. I know this is a rare species for the area, and since I didn't get a fantastic view, I didn't want to mark this off- instead I checked off warbler sp.
The highlights for me this evening were a nice adult Chestnut-sided Warbler and a pair of Baltimore Orioles, with a stunning male. Below is the list I had this evening.

Can't wait to see what other surprises are in store this weekend.

Cheers,
Kyle Kittelberger
Dartmouth

Mink Brook Nature Preserve, Hanover, Grafton, US-NH
May 17, 2013 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
Protocol: Traveling
3.0 mile(s)
Comments:    birding from both the street leading to the entrance to the Preserve, and in the preserve itself
32 species (+1 other taxa)

Canada Goose  1
Wood Duck  2
Ring-billed Gull  1 flyover
Mourning Dove  2
Belted Kingfisher  1
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker  1
Hairy Woodpecker  1    bird seen disappearing into a nest cavity
Pileated Woodpecker  1
Eastern Phoebe  3
Great Crested Flycatcher  1    heard only FOS
Red-eyed Vireo  1    heard only FOS
Blue Jay  2
Black-capped Chickadee  X
White-breasted Nuthatch  1
House Wren  2
American Robin  3
Gray Catbird  3
Ovenbird  4
Black-and-white Warbler  3
Common Yellowthroat  5
American Redstart  3
Northern Parula  1
Yellow Warbler  3
Chestnut-sided Warbler  1 FOS
Pine Warbler  2
Yellow-rumped Warbler  2
Black-throated Green Warbler  1
warbler sp.  1    to me this looked like an adult Cerulean Warbler in flight. I saw an above blue warbler fly by my, showing white wing bar(s). However, since this is a rare bird for the area, and since I didn't get a  great look, I have decided to mark this as warbler sp.
Song Sparrow  3
Scarlet Tanager  1    heard only FOS
Red-winged Blackbird  3
Baltimore Oriole  2    male and female FOS
American Goldfinch  6

View this checklist online at http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S14151959