From: Ralf Porankiewicz <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: From Achilles' heel to shining star of the language lab
Date: April 30, 2013 10:15:52 AM EDT
To: 'Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum' <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>

Hi Otmar,

Ralf Porankiewicz

From Achilles' heel to shining star of the language lab

Good news: ReLANpro now provides you with the best available audio.
Over the past six months, software that uses the Java plug-in has had to deal with quite a few issues.  Hackers have been exploiting vulnerabilities in Java and carried out a string of attacks against companies as well as home users. In some cases this involved the installation of malware.
Although we too used Java for our audio communications, ReLANpro was never directly attacked. Nonetheless, we decided to explore alternative ways to deliver live audio to our clients. This led to a successful innovation.
We are proud to announce that ReLANpro has now upgraded all audio functions to HD plus audio, using an entirely new technology. No Java plug-in needed. The new HD plus audio allows ReLANpro to deliver the best audio in the industry. Communication between teacher and student(s) or between students will no longer be hindered by latency issues.
Next to taking audio quality levels to new heights, the new technology also allowed us to simplify the AP testing cycle into four simple steps. I explained the working of our user-friendly software in my previous blog post. The HD plus audio upgrade is another example of how 21st Century Cloud Learning and the ReLANpro Language Lab go hand in hand.
So what will happen next to the ReLANpro Language Lab? We are fully aware of our responsibilities towards our existing clients as well as potential new users. We will continue to create further integration between our Language Lab and the ReLANpro Cloud Server.
At this very moment, we are beta testing some exciting new features. Among these new developments is a customized version of our software for the Dutch Government, which tests foreign nationals' listening, speaking, reading and writing skills (NT-2) as part of the immigration process.
Until next time for ReLANpro....
Ralf Porankiewicz, President.