Hello birders,

Earlier today I had reported hearing an Eastern Wood-pewee here in Norwich - I heard that distinct pee-a-wee 3 times, but I was never able to locate the culprit making the sound.  I knew it was early to hear such a bird, but it sounded so spot on - however, I am now wondering if it was an Eastern Phoebe I heard instead...    Later in the day, I realized that years past, phoebes have thrown me off with their calls, sometimes sounding like pewees instead.  It is very likely that what I thought was a pewee was really just that...a phoebe.  Hmmm...

Sara - Norwich, VT