Dear Simeon,

Thanks for your suggestions.

Best,

--
Takamitsu

On 16/04/2013 15:08, "Simeon Chavel" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I still find the following old actions to be helpful when my computer (MacBook Air OS 10.8.3) gives me trouble:
• restarting several times in a row
• repair permissions
• running maintenance scripts
• clearing cache
• rebuilding services
Onyx is a good piece of free software (http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/11582/onyx) that does these and other maintenance things (aside from restarting several times in a row.)
Before doing all these, be sure to back up.
- Simi
Simeon Chavel
Assistant Professor of Hebrew Bible
The University of Chicago Divinity School
http://divinity.uchicago.edu/faculty/chavel.shtml <http://divinity.uchicago.edu/faculty/chavel.shtml>