On April 22, 2013, at 02:00, Nobumi Iyanaga wrote:

> I would like to give to my bibliographies a layout (…)
>
> It seems that such a layout is impossible in the current NWP.

When you say "impossible", are you then referring to paragraph styles?

Just to make sure I understand you correctly, is this the way you want the bibliography to look like (see screen shot):

If yes, then I would use a macro to do this. The trick is just to let NWP know where each piece of information starts and where it ends. Once NWP knows that, you can give your bibliography any appearance you want.

To begin with, it's important to know *how* you collect and store your references. If you have many references and intend to accumulate more as the time goes by, you should use a database for that.

I use FileMaker Pro for references. FileMaker and NWP can work seamlessly together. In FMP you would have these fields:

Last name
First name
Titel
City
Publishing company
Year
..
..
..

In FMP you would now create an export field containing the above mentioned fields. The trick is to make sure that each field in the export field STARTS with a unique special character and ENDS with another unique special character. Instead of using special characters you can also use unique words. Now, when you export your bibliography from FMP, it already contains the necessary information for NWP. Once the text document is opened in NWP you can search for and nail down each field individually and format it any way you want.

To automate the workflow, you would perform an Apple Script from within FMP in order to automatically open the new text document in NWP, and trigger a Nisus macro that would do all the formatting.

tell application "Nisus Writer Pro"
   Activate
   get text of document 1
   Do Menu Macro with macro "Format my bibliography from FMP"
end tell

Thus you can press your export-button in FMP and 1 second later you have a fully formatted bibliography in NWP (I’m not exaggerating, it’s really fast!)

Þorvarður