from [log in to unmask]

We are currently planning a pilot of Avant Assessment's Placement and STAMP (Standards based Measure of Proficiency) test.  We hope to replace transcript-based placement with an externally administered Placement assessment, and also to begin testing second language proficiency at the end of instruction (both for majors/minors and those simply fulfilling the core requirement.)

Both are web-based, multi-skill, externally scored assessments available in Spanish, French, German, Mandarin, Japanese, Italian (?), and Arabic.  The Placement test is unproctored, while the STAMP is substantially longer and requires proctoring.

Avant is a spin-off of CASLS at the University of Oregon.  Additional information is available through avantassessment.com<http://avantassessment.com>.
Erica Andree | Director, Center for Languages and International Collaboration
Pacific University | 2043 College Way | Forest Grove, OR 97116
Office: 503.352.1607 | CLIC: 503.352.1608  | [log in to unmask]<[log in to unmask]">x-msg:[log in to unmask]>