'Downloading' the file actually just downloads it to Mail's file space (on
iOS devices there is no common file system that could be considered similar
to the Mac Finder, and certainly there is no Desktop as per the Mac.)

To open the file in another app you need to tap the "Open In" button, which
looks like a rectangle with an arrow emerging, then tap the FileMaker Go
icon. The file is then copied to FMGo's file space.

Alternatively you can transfer the file via iTunes but I find this even
more tedious...

HTH.

- Tim.

Sent from my mobile (+61 405 500 846)

On 08/02/2013, at 8:55, "Richard S. Russell" <[log in to unmask]>