On 2013 Jan 14, at 16:23, Emma Glaisher <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Well I was there 3 hours! They liked it, but you're right, all sorts of other requirements came out as we talked. The worst is they (2) are working on the database from different locations and are using SugarSync. I said I didn't think that would work, but I gather they won't be working on it at the same time so fingers crossed. Anyone know if this will work? Will do some tests when I can actually get it to do anything.

By "working on the database", do you mean they're doing design work (creating and editing layouts, defining tables and fields, establishing relatiaonships, writing scripts, etc.)? Or are they just working with the data (entering, editing, finding, sorting, deleting, printing, etc.)?

If it's the former, you'd best establish some kind of working standards so that everyone understands who's got the "live" copy of the database at any given moment, lest 2 people each be doing separate things, each to her or his own copy, unaware that the other person is investing time in a separate copy. And I hope it goes without saying that none of the development work should proceed without adequate notice to (and ideally approval from) everyone else who's working on development. Otherwise you'll fersher end up undermining or possibly undoing each other's work.