Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10061, phase=CONNECT, target=127.0.0.1:2306). The server is probably not started. LISTSERV - FMPRO-L Archives - LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From: "Steven J. Messner" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Monday, November 19, 2012 4:39 PM
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Consultant

>>I will keep your advice in mind. It's never a good idea to ignore a man with strong opinions. (And it's never easy being thoroughly dressed down.)

My apologies if I was overly "enthusiastic" in my response. It's just that I've been doing this a long time and have seen exactly this scenario many times before. I know how it ends because it ALWAYS ends the same way: the clients will have thrown away all their money and some young programmer will be blamed for not doing a job that by definition, couldn't have been done in the first place.

David Kachel
Foundation Database Systems
Custom Software Developers

Publishers of:

"AutoNavigator for FileMaker Pro™ "
[An incredible time-saving tool for Developers -
Build tab-sets up to seven levels deep,
up to twenty layouts per level, 140 tabs per layout;
thousands of layouts without writing a single line of code.
To learn more, visit our web site (below).]

"White Paper for FMP Novices" (a free download)
"Database Design for FMP" (a free download)
"Developer Storage" (a free download)
"Universal Capitalizer" (a free download)
"Universal Time Formatter" (a free download)

email: [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
web site: http://www.foundationdbs.com
ICQ: 308137637
Skype: DavidKachel
iChat: [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Yahoo Messenger: davidkachel

Tel: (432) 386-2121