Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10061, phase=CONNECT, target=127.0.0.1:2306). The server is probably not started. LISTSERV - UV-BIRDERS Archives - LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Hey everyone,

This afternoon and evening I explored the area between Ledyard bridge and Wilder dam, walking the railroad. There was a good number of Hooded Mergansers on the water, and the same group of Scaup that was present this weekend at the dam were still there; I could only pick out two as Greater as the birds were distant along the other shore.

One highlight was a nice adult Fox Sparrow that I found in some brush. But the best bird for me was a Merlin that flew directly over me at the dam. I got fantastic looks of this bird, but before I could get my camera out the falcon had disappeared over the river. It seems a little late to me for a Merlin to still be present in the area, but eBird did not flag the sighting.

Below is the list of birds I had today.

Cheers,
Kyle Kittelberger
Dartmouth

Railroad between Ledyard bridge and Wilder Dam, Windsor, US-VT
Nov 12, 2012 2:00 PM - 4:35 PM
Protocol: Traveling
6.0 mile(s)
Comments:    walking from Ledyard bridge to Wilder Dam along the railroad tracks
27 species (+1 other taxa)

Canada Goose  11
Mallard  36
Greater Scaup  2