Econ colleagues: Bruce has agreed to go to lunch on Wednesday with Peter, Danny, and me. One or two more would make lunch conversation even better. Let me know if you are interested.
Bill

From: Karen M. Pelletier [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2012 6:16 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: FW: Ganong-Shoag seminar 2:30 Wed. Nov. 14

This is the new list serv for the Economics seminars; I think this should work great.

For those of you who want to send notices the address is:  [log in to unmask]

From: William A. Fischel

Colleagues: Peter Ganong and Danny Shoag will be giving a seminar on their paper, Why Has Regional Income Convergence in the U.S. Stopped? This bland title heads what I expect will be the decade's most important empirical findings on the effects of land-use regulation on regional housing prices, labor markets, and (most surprisingly) income distribution. It has already gotten notice in the New York Times: http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/10/17/housing-prices-and-income-inequality/. They also have a site that shows some cool animations of their empirical work: http://www.people.fas.harvard.edu/~ganong/motion.html

Note that seminar time is at 2:30 because they have to drive back to Cambridge for the evening. (Classes are over Wednesday, so we can use the 310 Silsby seminar room.) I am looking for volunteers for lunch after they arrive around 12:30. I have not scheduled office visits because of their short visit, but we will have time to talk in the lounge after the seminar.

Hope you can attend.
Bill

To unsubscribe from the ECONOMICS-SEMINARS list, click the following link:
http://listserv.dartmouth.edu/scripts/wa.exe?TICKET=NzM0ODQ2IFdpbGxpYW0uQS5GaXNjaGVsQERBUlRNT1VUSC5FRFUgRUNPTk9NSUNTLVNFTUlOQVJTIGO7vMeL1rJf&c=SIGNOFF

To unsubscribe from the ECONOMICS-SEMINARS list, click the following link:
https://listserv.dartmouth.edu/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=ECONOMICS-SEMINARS