Okay, I have managed to open the files in NWP, but there's all sorts of problems with the formatting, which I had very carefully set in "styles" in NW 6.5.  Even after correcting the formats for fonts and such, I have to re-highlight the texts and reapply the styles, despite the styles showing up correctly already.  Is there any way to force a styles update throughout a file?  I'm going to have 100 files, and while highlighting and clicking is a lot easier than retyping, I'd rather not have to do it.

The most problematic formatting problem is with the embedded English, for example, [F. 12a], which comes out incorrectly as [a21 .F], and the paragraph formatting for "follow natural order" (so in Persian right to left and English left to right) doesn't work.  Pasting the corrected text in does not help.  I'm at a loss as to what to do, short of leaving it all in OS 9.  The paragraph formatting thus has to be for Persian in order to be properly aligned, and then the embedded English, as a character format, doesn't have the opportunity to have left to right re-applied to it.  I could convert all these to Persian, since they mark folio breaks, but some of the footnotes are in English, and it'd be easier not to have to translate them into Persian.

Does this make any sense?

Vika Gardner, PhD
Allegheny College, Dept. of Philosophy and Religious Studies