Is there anyone out there who has experience moving NW Classic (OS 9.2)
files with Persian (or another non-Latin script) into NWP (OS 10.n)?

My old laptop, with which I had played around at doing this, and which I
had set up so that both 9.2 and 10.n were running at the same time, won't
start up (power plug issues).  I have a G4 tower with 2 HDs, one 9.2 and
the other 10.5, but so far as I can tell, the only path from one to the
other is rebooting.  The tower also doesn't seem to recognize the external
firewire HD that I used to boot the laptop from.

I also have an iMac (10.6.8) and an Air (10.8.2), if there's any way anyone
knows to chain them together.

I can continue to edit the Persian files on the 9.2 side of the G4 tower,
and while it's nice to be able to keep the old overlines (instead of
underlines), I think I need to get these files into OS 10 to be better able
to edit them.  I can copy and paste the text within OS 9, but I don't know
how to get these old font codes into unicode.

Hoping some of my old-timer acquaintances are still here!

Vika

Vika Gardner, PhD
Allegheny College, Dept. of Philosophy and Religious Studies