Hey everyone,

This morning I biked up E Wheelock towards the base of Balch Hill, along Grasse Rd. I ran into a small flock on the way up that included a number of Black-throated Greens, a couple Pine Warblers, and Red-eyed Vireos. At my spot along Grasse Rd I didn't run into many birds, but had a nice small flock that consisted of Black-throated Greens, a pair of Black-throated Blues, and Red-eyed Vireos. I also am pretty sure I saw quickly an Empidonax, but I couldn't relocate it. As I was preparing to leave the area I was surprised to have an Ovenbird drop literally out of nowhere right in front of me; one of my favorite species of warblers.

Then I biked down Reservoir Rd to return to campus and encountered some more migrants: of course more Black-throated Greens, but also Blackburnian, Nashville, and Yellow-rumped, as well as some Purple Finches and Blue-headed Vireo.

Below are the two lists of birds I had while biking and birding this morning.

Cheers,
Kyle Kittelberger
Dartmouth

E Wheelock Rd/Balch Hill, Grafton, US-NH
Sep 16, 2012 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Protocol: Area
2.0 ac
11 species (+1 other taxa)

Yellow-bellied Sapsucker  1
Northern Flicker  1
Empidonax sp.  1
Red-eyed Vireo  2
Black-capped Chickadee  6
Tufted Titmouse  4
White-breasted Nuthatch  1
American Robin  2
Ovenbird  1
Black-throated Blue Warbler  2     male and female
Pine Warbler  1
Black-throated Green Warbler  4

This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (http://ebird.org/)

Reservoir Rd, Grafton, US-NH