Chris Rimmer's report on the loon at Kilowatt today reminds me that I saw a
Common Loon at Lake Runnemede on May 29. It was in juvenile/1st year??
plumage.  I am guessing this is the Loon seen here off and on this
fall/winter/spring. Could it have over-wintered? I would not expect to see
this plumage on a grown bird at this time of year here.....

Photo:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/33836164@N03/7323155880/in/photostream

And speaking of swallows, George Clark, Wayne Cripps and I saw Cliff
Swallow nesting under Rt. 91 on the Ompompanoosic River on May 27-photos
here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/33836164@N03/7323155880/in/photostream

--
Cindy Crawford

Creature Kinships and Natural Affinities
Animal and Nature Paintings, Portraits and Prints
www.creaturekinships.com
Photos: http://pbase.com/creaturekinships
BLOG: http://creature-kinships.blogspot.com/