NH Audubon Mascoma Chapter is pleased to inform you of the following coastal and pelagic birding  opportunities arranged by the NH Audubon Massabesic Audubon Center at 26 Audubon Way, Auburn NH 03032, Telephone 603 668 2045  All are welcome, non-members as well as members, as long as there is space.

Introduction to Pelagic Wildlife

Saturday, June 2, 3–4 pm

Cost: $5 (free to those attending Pelagic Trip on June 8)

Leader: Jon Woolf

Come see a brief slideshow about some of the wildlife you might

see just off NH’s coast. We’ll teach you how to identify some

of our common pelagic birds as well as a few of our commonly

sighted whale species.

Pelagic Trip

Location: Rye Harbor, NH

Friday, June 8, 8 am–5 pm

Cost: $65 M/$85 NM

Join NH Audubon aboard MV Granite State as we explore

Jeffreys Ledge, 20 miles off the New Hampshire coast. Spend

all day at sea, searching the length of Jeffreys Ledge for pelagic

seabirds, whales, dolphins, and anything else that happens to cross

our course. Once you register, you will receive confirmation and

further information. Participants need to meet at Rye Harbor at

7:30 for check in and 8am departure. Max. 50.

Coastal Bird Trips

Wednesdays, June 20, July 18, August 15, 9 am–2:30 pm

Cost: $6 M/$9 NM per trip

Leader: JoAnn O’Shaughnessy

Enjoy birding the NH coast with trip leader JoAnn O’Shaughnessy.

Meet at the Hampton Beach State Park parking lot at 9 and

carpool from there to coastal hot spots. Lunch is not provided, but

the group will stop at a local restaurant to cap off the morning’s

adventure. Meet at 7:45 am in the Massabesic Audubon parking

lot if you want to carpool with other participants to Hampton.

Maximum of 24 people.

Basic Shorebirding: Workshop

Saturday, August 25, 2–4 pm

Cost: $5 (FREE if attending Shorebirds Field Trip)

Leader: Jon Woolf

Come learn about shorebirds, some of the most interesting and

most puzzling birds we see in New Hampshire. Study the features

and field marks of common plovers and sandpipers in the classroom

and learn how to identify many of the species that populate New

Hampshire’s shorelines. Then join us for the Sunday field trip to

the coast to put your new knowledge to the test.

Basic Shorebirding: Field Trip

Sunday, August 26, 8:30 am–12:30 pm

Cost: $10 M/$15 NM

Leader: Jon Woolf

Join us as we travel to a few of New Hampshire’s beaches to study

the various species of sandpipers and plovers that appear on our

coastlines in fall. Meet at the Hampton Park & Ride at 8:30am.

(To carpool from the Manchester area, meet at Massabesic

Center at 7:15am.) Bring a bag lunch and prepare to be outside!

Binoculars will be provided.