That probably refers to roosts, not nesting. I think generally there is onlly one nest per chimney. But later before and during migration there can be impressive roost sites.
Kent

Date:    Wed, 23 May 2012 18:12:25 -0400
From:    Michael O'Leary <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Chimney Swifts

Hello

I read an article in the Valley News a couple of years ago about Chimney
Swifts nesting in a Chimney at one of the Claremont  schools and I'm
wondering if anyone knows if they are still nesting there. I would like to
go see them return to the nest it suppose to be quite a site when they all
return for the night.

Michael O'leary

Kent McFarland
Vermont Center for Ecostudies
PO Box 420 | Norwich, Vermont 05055
802.649.1431 x2

VCE Logo
Visit Our Pages: Facebook YouTube Blogger