On 16.09.2011, at 19:27, jem cabanes wrote:

Since Lion landed on my iMac there's no way to set up Safari > Preferences > Privacy: its tab doesn't display.

I just restarted from my external disk where I installed Lion so could give you some feedback. The Privacy tab in my Safari 5.1 is where it should be (8th tab from left) and I can access all the details as usual.

Is it possible to reinstall Safari alone (if so, how?). I very much wish to keep away from reintalling Lion...

You can download it directly from here:

http://www.apple.com/safari/

Let us know if reinstalling Safari helps.

If you downloaded Lion on the day it was released your download might have been incomplete due to overload capacity, I know some people had to download Lion twice because the first attempt failed.

Žorvaršur Davķšsson
 OS X 10.6.8
 MacBook Pro 17’'