Dear friends,

Does anyone know how to add different running heads on succeeding pages?

Say I have a chapter with 50 pages. On even pages I can insert in the Header area on the first even page by typing “Chapter I: Phonetics.” The same text will automatically get inserted on all the subsequent even pages.
On odd pages I want to insert paragraph numbers such as “§ 1 – 4”, then “§ 5 – 7” and so on. But if I type “§ 1 – 4” on the first odd page, the same text gets automatically inserted on all the subsequent odd pages of Chapter I. How can I insert a different text on each odd page? To create a new section each two pages is a horrible bother. There must be an easier, more elegant way to go about it.

Cheers,

Takamitsu