On 2011 Aug 31, at 11:19, Sue wrote:

> Does anyone know a way to include a tab in a concatenated text calculation? ...

> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Sue, you've already received some very good answers that will resolve your immediate problem, but you asked for "any suggestions", so I'm going to throw one more into the hopper.

Go to
   http://www.filemaker.com/company/contact/feature_request.html
and tell the wizards at FileMaker Inc. that you want to see a tab button in the calculation dialog right next to the paragraph button. I've already done this myself some time back, but I think they respond first to the suggestions that they see most often.

Richard S. Russell, a Bright (http://the-brights.net)
2642 Kendall Av. #2, Madison  WI  53705-3736
http://richardsrussell.livejournal.com/

The true test of an improvement is to ask whether, if you were already used to it, you could come up with good reasons for switching over to what we’re doing now.