On 8 Apr 2011, at 20:34, Erik Richard Sørensen wrote:

Here's the link to the latest Xerox drivers for 10.6.x. Run the installer. It will only install updates for drivers already installed in the system.

Thanks Erik.

Unfortunately no joy. This update is more recent that what is on the Xerox site. I have downloaded and installed but I continue to get the same problem.

I have always had problems with the jets on my Phasers - something to do with the humidity here - but since I have a permanent maintenance plan, I decided to send the machine back for maintenance. During that time I was given an multifunction 8560 - and I can't remember why, but I had major issues installing the driver.

I have now deinstalled all Xerox printers in the printer pane and then installed the 8560 N driver, which Bonjour sees. I select 8560 on the printer in the Add printer pane and click on add. I am connected to the printer with an ethernet cable. I then get a message: Determining installable option with two buttons: Cancel and Configure.

I then wait and nothing happens.

Yet if I were trying to install the usb driver, via the usb cable, my activity on the Mac would immediately awaken the printer.

Best

THDW