Is Mail "completing address" for you? If so, it may be completing based on the number of times you used the old address as opposed to the new. Eventually it will catch up. And I don't think it will have to wait for the same number of uses of the new address.
Simi
Simeon Chavel
Assistant Professor of Hebrew Bible
The University of Chicago Divinity School
1025 E. 58th St.
Chicago, IL 60637
tel.: +1.773.702.6387
fax: +1.773.702.6048