Valley Village, CA, December 20, 2010 -- Dracoventions announces the immediate availability of 2empowerFM Developer Assistant v2.5 for FileMaker Pro. The plug-in has completed beta testing for Macintosh FileMaker, includes an improved user interface, and now works when FileMaker is set to any of its 10 standard languages.

Ralph, who attended the December FMDiSC meeting in Los Angeles, CA, contacted Dracoventions to let them know that a demo of Developer Assistant had been "met with gasps and intense interest". Ralph went on to say, "I use this plugin all the time. I consider it one of the indispensable tools I use when programming with Filemaker Pro. Can't live without it."

About Developer Assistant

Developer Assistant helps you:

- Find all scripts containing a search term. Individual scripts automatically open to highlight the next line that matches a text or regular expression search term. Searches may also be performed within a single script.

- Find all database fields containing a search term. The search includes not just field names, but auto-enter data, validation calculations, and any other text associated with each field. This search is performed in the "Manage Database" window and requires FileMaker Pro Advanced.

- Search in almost any list that appears in a FileMaker dialog, such as lists of functions, layouts, watched expressions, and so on. The search includes all columns in multi-column lists.

- Drag over part of a FileMaker calculation to highlight it and evaluate it at the touch of a button. You can evaluate "Get(SystemPlatform)" instead of looking it up in help, evaluate calculations in script steps as you debug the script, test your calculations before the script is even run, and so on.

- If you instinctively press the Home or End key expecting the cursor to move to the start or end of a line, Developer Assistant for Macintosh can make those keys do what you expect.

Most of the features above require FileMaker 11 for Macintosh or FileMaker 8 or later for Windows.

Morgan Jones of One Part Harmony says, "The Developer Assistant is a brilliant tool that has already saved me loads of time. And by allowing me to quickly find every reference to a script, field, table, or layout, I am much more confident that changes I make will not create bugs in my production solutions."

Availability

2empowerFM Developer Assistant v2.5 is available immediately at http://developer.dracoventions.com

This is a free upgrade for those who purchased a Windows or Macintosh license within the last year. New Developer Assistant licenses start at $69 for a single user and upgrades after a year are half price. Other plug-ins in the 2empowerFM family start at $19 and some are absolutely free.

Developer (redistribution) licenses are also available. Fully functional, 30-day demo copies can be downloaded with no sign-up required.

About Dracoventions

Dracoventions is a FileMaker Business Alliance (FBA) member located in Valley Village, CA. Dracoventions is focused on empowering FileMaker(R) Pro and Server with innovative plug-ins that expand FileMaker's abilities, create a better user experience, and save development time.

With over 25 years of software engineering experience, company founder Chris Dragon was inspired by the business needs of his former employer to create the seeds of what have become the 2empowerFM Family of FileMaker Plug-ins. These plug-ins include Developer Assistant, Dialog Master, Hands-Free Printer, Text Toolkit, and many others. For more information, visit www.dracoventions.com.

Contact

Chris Dragon, Dracoventions Founder
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web: http://www.dracoventions.com

Sent from the FMPro at Dartmouth mailing list archive at Nabble.com.