I contacted filemaker here in Australia when one of my clients purchased a new iMac and it wouldn't run his solution using 8.5v2. It wouldn't even open the solution. Filemaker advised that some Macs will and some won't and they don't know why but as they're not supporting 8.5 any more then there will be no interest in finding out why.