On 20 Dec 2010, at 19:06, paolo savonuzzi wrote:

I just checked in iPhoto 11 if, even without me being aware of, Feaces did anything

Other than fertilise ?

To get back to the thorny issue of stocking photos, I made the policy decision a long time ago to save all photos directly to the machine and then leave as is.

I use Bridge to put everything into day by day folders and each month I make a new folder. Thus each year has twelve folders and within each folder I have a folder for every day I took a photo. All in Finder and easily accessible.

I have always found iPhoto's way of stocking photos totally impenetrable and extremely annoying.

I have Aperture on my big, fast machine and although I find it is a bit slow, I have been using it a lot lately because there is a bug somewhere between Photoshop and my Xerox Phaser 8650.

I leave all the original master files where they are and let Aperture copy everything to its own library.

It is always a mistake to replace a jpeg with a jpeg. Every time you do something to a file, you are losing bits of information.

Paolo, nice photos on your .org site

I was talking to a chum yesterday about Pasolini and Nanni Moretti's Caro Diario and Italian cinema in general, but he didn't believe me when I told him Vittorio de Sica's brother in law - and Christian de Sica's uncle - murdered Trotsky.