My version is 5.5

----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Dave Rawcliffe
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, May 31, 2010 11:35 PM
Subject: Re: Cancel Print does not restore layout

Nicholas,

You did not say what version of FM you are using, however.

First do not give user the Option of Continue/Cancel by the Status bar.
Set "Allow User Abort": to [Off] at the beginning of the script.

& may I suggest using the "New Window" Script step.

With that, then:

Adjust script to Use:

New Window (Name & Size as Required)

then

Print Setup [(Restore, No dialog])
Sort(Restore)
Go to Layout ("Summary Report A")
Select Window [Named or Current]
Enter Preview Mode []
Adjust Window [Resize to Fit]
Enter Preview Mode [Pause]
#
Additional Script steps as required
#
Set a Close Window [Named or Current]

This should drop you back into your current layout & Found set.

Note: If going to a foreign TO a GtRR may be required.

There are other tweaks that can be integrated

HTH
Dave